Are you in need of a new hot water heater? If your current system has reached the end of its life, you may shopping around for a replacement. In your search, you’ll come across both conventional storage tank models as well as tankless ones. You may be used to a water heater with a storage tank that holds your water, but don’t be afraid to try new things! Here are some reasons to make the switch.
Benefits of Switching to Tankless
- Endless supply. To put it simply, storage tanks can run out of water very quickly. Imagine planning on a nice and long hot shower after a long day at work and running out after two minutes? With a tankless water heater, the water is run over a heating element as soon as hot water is demanded at the point of use. That means you’ll never have to wait for hot water again — and the water won’t turn cold in the middle of a shower, either.
- Longer lifespan. Traditional water heaters can last anywhere from 12 to 15 years. Tankless can last you much longer – about 20 years.
- Less maintenance. Storage tank heaters need much more maintenance than tankless ones. While these models do still need to be serviced by professionals annually, they don’t have a tank that needs to be drained to remove sediment.
- Energy efficiency. Because a tankless water heater doesn’t have to keep a full tank water heated, it consumes far less energy than a tankless model. That means you’ll reduce your carbon footprint.
- No water damage. Like most plumbing appliances, water tanks are susceptible to leaks. With a tankless model, there isn’t any water stored to leak and cause water damage!
- Lower energy bills. Less energy consumption means a lower electric bill.
How Riley Can Help
Purchasing and maintaining a tankless water heater isn’t something to do without the advice and assistance of a knowledgeable plumber and water heater technician. That’s why our team is dedicated to providing you with the best information, advice, service, and appliances possible. Benefits of our services include:
- Increased energy savings and lower energy bills
- Increased value of your property due to the addition of a high-end appliance and professional installation
- Enhanced comfort and convenience for your family or tenants
- Advice on getting federal tax credits for installing new, energy-efficient technology
- Top-rated plumbing work and customer service!
If you’re thinking about making the switch to tankless, call Riley Plumbing. We’re ready to help!