Garbage disposal upgrades can keep your garbage disposal running smoothly and efficiently. From time to time, your sink and drain can become clogged with chunks of food and other bits of garbage. Is there a point in which you have had it up to your neck in garbage and food bits? Have you considered installing a garbage disposal unit? Well, today may be the day to invest and move forward with a unit today!
So, why should you consider a disposal system?
- If you want to avoid sorts of foul odors present in your home
- Having a cleaner sink
- Contribute to preservation of the environment
- Something that is easy to clean and take care of
- It might benefit your health
Much like every other appliance, these systems are not infallible. These machines are prone to malfunction from time to time. These include the following.
- Frequent Clogs.
- If there are frequent clogs, you may need a larger disposal capacity
- Constantly having to press the reset button
- Odors continue to persist
- On occasion, there could be particles of debris that are still lodged within the system
- The blades have become dull
- If the food takes longer to grind up and there are frequent clogs
- Constant repairs to the unit
If these signs are present, it might be time to upgrade. Thankfully, there are a series of benefits to owning a disposal unit.
Garbage Disposal Upgrades Won’t Break Your Budget
Thankfully, disposal units will not cost you an arm and a leg to afford. Most units according to sites such as Lowes and Home Depot range in price from $88 to approximately $340. However, higher end units will cost into the $2,000 range, but it is still a worthy investment.
When waste is flushed down the drains, there can be clogs and blocks. This leads to further repairs, which can cause many headaches and be draining more money from your wallet. This is especially true if you buy a good quality disposal. Quality garbage disposal upgrades can provide a cleaner sink and unclogged drains.
A nice disposal will help you unclog your drains without any professional help. Disposals also don’t consume large amounts of energy, which makes them all the more affordable.
Foul Odors, Begone!
Disposal units can help to eliminate the unwanted smell of rotting food. It grinds up the food and flushes it into the sewer or septic system. Plus, the disposal system can create less trash for you to throw out.
Cleaning is a Breeze
Cleaning a disposal unit is fairly simple. If a clog appears in your disposal system, you may need to clean the motor of the system. Once the motor is cleaned, then the disposal unit should run flawlessly.
In some cases, cleaning a disposal unit might take a bit more effort. However, it is not impossible. Here are some tips when cleaning requires a bit more effort
- Always disconnect the appliance before operating on it. If it is connected to an electrical panel or grid, simply cut the electricity to the specific circuit it is linked to
- If inspecting the unit for blockage, use a flashlight
- If there is a blockage, use needle-nose pliers or tongs to remove the block
- NEVER STICK YOUR HAND DOWN THE DISPOSAL CHAMBER! Even while the unit may not be plugged in, you risk trapping your hand in the device.
Garbage disposal upgrades can be excellent for the environment. They are extremely helpful in keeping the environment clean. A lot of waste is composed mostly of our food scraps, and disposals help reroute this trash. This waste can also be turned into a source of renewable energy.
In addition, the use of a disposal unit can prevent the further use of garbage bags and plastic. The use of disposal units contributes to declining methane gas levels. If a disposal unit is used, less trash ends up in landfills, which would normally lead to decomposition, which would lead to the creation of methane gas.
For Your Health
Burning garbage results in smoke that is harmful to both the environment and your health. This smoke has been linked to heart disease, emphysema, and many other diseases. It can also create more problems for sufferers of asthma. Garbage disposals can lessen the negative effects of atmospheric smoke, which makes them a great alternative to burning waste products.
Call Riley Plumbing & Heating today for more information on garbage disposal upgrades!